Electronic Laboratory Importing
Canada is adopting more and more healthcare technology. Hospitals and medical laboratories are now able to send test results immediately to primary physicians using eligible EMR systems. New facilities and report types are being added all of the time.
With CIS, you can easily and quickly download laboratory results and pathology reports directly into a patient’s chart. Patients are matched using existing EMR data, such as patient name, age, date of birth, and health card number.
Physicians will be sent results if they are identified as the Ordering Physician, Primary Care Physician, or can be sent a carbon copy of the results.
Laboratory information, including the name and location of the lab, the collection and received dates, and the pathologist/technologist are including with each import.
Benefits of electronic lab imports:
- Pathology imports now supported
- Faster access to partial and final lab results
- Automatic notification of new results available for import
- Less paper coming into the office
- Less Staff time spent scanning and/or filing
- Automatically filed into patient records for review and sign off
- Abnormal lab results are highlighted and brought to your attention
- Lab reports can be included in HMP and CDM
Sending Facilities Supported in CIS:
- LifeLabs Medical Laboratory Service
- CML HealthCare
- Gamma Dynacare
- In-Common Laboratories (formerly HICL)
- Bio-Test Laboratories
- OMNI-Test Laboratories
- Public Health Laboratories
- Central East Local Health Integration Network (CE LHIN)
- North East Local Health Integration Network (NE LHIN)
- Kingston General Hospital
- Hawkesbury General Hospital
- Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital (formerly York Central Hospital)